Welcome to my blog!

I created this blog to document my personal take on British politics, life and general issues. This is a serious blog written by an amateur blogger, there is no ulterior motive or selling / linking agenda to it and as of yet no advertising. I have a great love of Oratory, History, Culture and Language and as an inter-connected issue, I enjoy thinking and reading about politics. Don't get me wrong, this blog is not entirely related to politics, many posts will be about anything and everything, interesting and breaking news issues, jokes, experiences, things that have happened to me, general discussion and suggestions for posts. I hope you dont find it too boring because when you get stuck in beneath the surface I think most people will like it. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it, many thanks for visiting - Mac Abbott.

Sunday 7 June 2009

My Acceptance / Campaign Speech for the post of Prime Minister

Hello everybody, this post is all about a speech I wrote aged 16 (pursuant to my previous post detailing my small prior involvement with Local Politics), I was fantasising about my acceptance speech after being successfully elected Prime Minister. Its pretty funny that here I am only a few years later, understanding the nativity and megalomaniacal power hungry dreams I used to have. Now I only dream of being the following things, A. Debt Free B. Drunk C. Rich D. Content E. A better Christian and Person etc... But I suppose its nice that I used to have an ambition, however unrealistic that ambition may have been, Here it is then, :).

"I do not want to be shown as a politician motivated by the right of the political scale. Nor do I wish to be shown as the left or the centre middle. I wish to behave Politically, Morally, Personally and Professionally in the correct section of the political scale, which in my eyes cannot be mobilised by being liberal, pc or stereotypically old fashioned, constantly.

The decisions that have to be made to broker a better Britain are the decisions which are the right decisions, Not my party is towards the right therefore my policy's and actions must be within those limitations. Because correct implementation of policy is and can be taken from all sides and agendas of the political and social spectrum.

We all have our own opinions on what is right and what should happen for our country and the wider world. But every person in this world holds a slightly different opinion and in a true democracy, all of these opinions whether liberal, extreme or otherwise should be taken into consideration by all politicians, municipal bodies and indeed every individual in our great country.

I believe that this can only be achieved by dispelling partisanship and all politician of all beliefs working together, towards a Britain free of all racial, sexual and indeed all types of discrimination. To often in politics problems are allegedly tackled by throwing money at them, or handing responsibility to someone else. Well I say the buck stops here.

Britain is a country more of us should be proud to be equal citizens of. We are looked up to all over the world by people of all ages and situations. We as a people have at certain noted times in our history have heavily influenced the world globally, economically, politically, socially and otherwise. Not always for the good much to our shame. But I proclaim a reassurance to the world, that the history of my country, it's positives for the world and it's shameful influence are a matter of deep regret and small pride and WE WILL return this Great Nation of Wordsworth and Hilltops and Glen and Wimpy meal deals to a position of grandeur, respect and influence on the Global Stage. People We need a great discussion for people of all ages, shapes, sizes and beliefs.

Because as has been said before, but this time I hope with a great deal more conviction, hope and belief and with more provable improvement in the years of Office to come. I believe in a better Britain for the common woman and man!, Thank You!".

I hope you didn't find that too nauseating people, lol. Naivety in youth is in many ways a blessing and I wish I still thought solving the worlds problems were as simple as a nicely worded and heart-felt soundbite, but maybe that's as good a place as any too start...

1 comment:

  1. Pretty precocious 16 yr-old fellow you were. I too agree that what can be percieved as naivety in the youth is actually a clear and most valid vision of how things should work. If only younger children could transmit with better eloquence what they want for our world it would most definitely strike the adult spheres like a thunderbolt, and shame them into standing in front of the mirrors that reflect their games of deception, self interest, ego and utter stupidity. Good job with the blog, pretty interesting stuff Mike, keep it up. Greetings from Barcelona.

    (David, a.k.a. funkysnooker's bassmaze)

    ReplyDelete

The Definiton of Politics

"Politics is the process by which groups of people make decisions. The term is generally applied to behaviour within civil governments..(cont).." - Wikipedia.Org

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics

The Definition of Philosophy

"Philosophy is the study of general and fundamental problems concerning matters such as existence, knowledge, truth, beauty, law, justice, validity, mind, and language..(cont).." - Wikipedia.Org http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophy

Search This Blog